A great night! Western Mass Human Relations Award Banquet
NCCJ presented its Human Relations Award at its annual event on June 13th, 2019 at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA.
The 2019 Honorees were:
- Delcie Bean, IV, Paragus Strategic IT
- Jose L. Claudio, Chief Operating Officer, New North Citizens' Council, Inc.
- Ethel Griffin, Associate Director, Revitalize Community Development Corporation
- Susan Goldsmith, President, Marcus Printing
- Glenn Welch, President and CEO, Freedom Credit Union
The 2019 Youth Honorees were:
- Ian Cole Baird, Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School
- Analua Alencar Moreira, Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School
In addition to recognizing each of these individuals, who have all demonstrated an ongoing commitment to fighting for human rights and respect, the event featured a powerful presentation by our Youth Honorees. Ian Cole Baird and Analua Alecar Moreira delivered a moving original piece about their personal experiences related to bias and intolerance and the transformative impact NCCJ has had on their lives.
Cynthia L. Martin, President & CEO of NCCJ, stated, “Our 2019 Human Relations Award Banquet was an outstanding evening where we had the opportunity to honor some amazing people. All of our honorees have made -- and continue to make -- incredible differences in our community by advancing social justice. We are also so appreciative of everyone who attended this year’s event and made it such a success. Their support, generosity and commitment to NCCJ ensures we can continue delivering programs to help overcome hate and foster change.”
For more information about NCCJ’s Annual Human Relations Award honorees, including their bios and photos, click here.