Call for Volunteers
Promote equality. Build community. Volunteer with NCCJ.
Please let us know if you would like to be part of one of the below listed worthwhile projects. Many of the items listed are ongoing endeavors with opportunities to either work on a team, or take on a specific project individually. We would love to hear from you!
Please email [email protected] with your interest so we can match you with the appropriate staff member.
NCCJ has extensive programming for both youth and adults. Recently we have seen a steady increase in the demand for our programming and need assistance in the following areas:
- Pre-program preparation – this includes making copies, gathering materials, researching towns or organizations for relevant data, and/or creating documents for a specific activity.
- General administrative support – this includes ongoing communications with groups, organizing spaces, preparing programs, entering data, maintaining spreadsheets, and other administrative tasks that present themselves.
- Volunteer Co-Facilitators – individuals who are trainers and/or trained in our curriculum can facilitate groups on a volunteer basis.
- Topic research – as a non-profit it’s important for us to stay up to date on current research that effects our work. This person would be researching data on Racism, Class, Sexism, Gender Oppression, Religious Oppression, Heterosexism, Adultism/Ageism, Ableism, Bullying statistics, and any other topics that come up related to the work we do.
- Compiling and analyzing data from program evaluations – entering data from our evaluations and when needed compiling it into reports for funders.
- Community outreach - this includes marketing, outreach and sales to schools, community organizations and corporations we are currently not working in. During NCCJ ANYTOWN season it also includes marketing our program to new groups/organizations/places.
- White paper research, writing, and projections – gathering data through research and then writing a concise report that can be used in marketing, funding and curriculum develop.
- Contracts and facilitator management – creating and sending out contracts to clients and contracted facilitators.
NCCJ is looking to expand its fundraising initiatives across grants, corporate partnerships and with annual campaigns.
We could use assistance with:
- Grant writing
- Cold calling
- Sales presentation development
General office support: this position works across the organization as needed:
NCCJ hosts several large-events per year.
We could use assistance with:
- Pre-event preparation
- On-site support for event
- mailings, phone calls for ad space/thank you notes/ table registrations, etc.
NCCJ is represented across all social media channels. Assistance is needed:
- Developing materials to post to our website and all other social media platforms
- Blog writing
- Monthly newsletter with current events, statistics, change in laws/policies from a social justice perspective
- Graphic artist to produce print materials